Mitch Albom has really impressed me with his book “Tuesdays with Morrie” hence I picked this book to read. This book is a fictional fable of Father Time and the two people he has to save. One has too little time and one is squandering his time (Interesting). This story is the height of the imagination power of our author.
This book is very interesting in the way the author has presented it. It keeps you intrigue about the Father time.
I would not narrate everything to spoil your entire interest in the book but I kept on wondering what will happen and the book ends with such a life lesson.
The words of wisdom from this book are:
- Sometimes, when you are not getting the love you want, giving makes you think you will.
- But a man who can take anything will find most things unsatisfying. And a man without memories is just a shell.
- Knowing something and understanding it were not the same thing.
- It is never too late or too soon. It is when it is supposed to be.
- When we are most alone is when we embrace another’s loneliness.
- But hurting ourselves to inflict pain on others is just another cry to be loved.
- “Everyone in this time can live longer than we imagined,”
- “With endless time, nothing is special. With no loss or sacrifice, we can’t appreciate what we have.”
- “When you are measuring life, you are not living it. ”
- “We cannot stop what Heaven chooses.”
I would summarize the important lesson from this book as:
“There is a reason God limits our days.” “Why?” “To make each one precious.”