Power Ideas from America’s Foremost Business Philosopher -Jim Rohn
Jim Rohn is an old school of wisdom. Many vouch for him including the famous Tony Robbins hence I decided to read his book and I wish I had read his book before reading today’s author. Jim Rohn has simple philosophy anybody can follow and stick to. I loved this book.
The words of wisdom from this book are:
- SUCCESS IS NO MORE THAN THE NATURAL CONSEQUENCE OF CONSISTENTLY APPLYING THE FUNDAMENTALS OF SUCCESS TO LIFE.
- There are two ways to gather wisdom. One way is to learn from your own life. The second is to study the lives of others.
- Learn to work harder on yourself than you do on your job.”
- TO HAVE MORE THAN YOU’VE GOT, BECOME MORE THAN YOU ARE.
- “The only way it gets better for you is when you get better.”
- BETTER IS NOT SOMETHING YOU WISH; IT’S SOMETHING YOU BECOME.
- “You cannot change the seasons but you can change yourself.”
- “Don’t wish it were easier, wish you were better. Don’t wish for fewer problems, wish for more skills. Don’t wish for less of a challenge, wish for more wisdom.”
- The 7 Strategies are as follows:
- STRATEGY ONE Unleash the Power of Goals
- STRATEGY TWO Seek Knowledge
- STRATEGY THREE Learn How to Change
- “The ant philosophy.” You know the ants. There’s a biblical phrase that urges everyone, especially lazy people, to study ants. Ants are unique for two reasons: First, an ant will never quit. If it’s headed somewhere and you put an obstacle in its way, it will either try to climb over it or go under or around it. If you remove the obstacle, away it goes. And if you put another obstacle in its way, the ant will look for a way — over, under, or around. How long will an ant keep trying? Until it dies. An ant will never quit. What a lesson! The second reason ants are unique? Guess what ants plan for all summer? That’s right — winter. And how much will an ant gather in the summer to prepare for winter? Al it can! How intelligent!
- STRATEGY FOUR Control Your Finances
- STRATEGY FIVE Master Time
- The enlightened time manager allots time for every aspect of his life. He even allots time for drifting, by scheduling time to do nothing. Like the nine-to-five person, he knows to limit the hours of work and to have quality time for other important values, such as family. And like the workaholic, he would never be afraid to work long hours — but only when necessary. What makes the enlightened time manager enlightened is his ability to schedule himself to work only so many hours and still get more done than the workaholic. How does he do that? Simply by working smarter, not always longer — by focusing on more productivity per hour instead of putting in more hours.
- Leverage allows you to multiply your resources many times over.
- Either you run your day or your day will run you. It’s really a matter of deciding to be in charge.
- STRATEGY SIX Surround Yourself with Winners
- STRATEGY SEVEN Learn the Art of Living Well
- “I think resolve means promising yourself you will never give up.”
I would end with his famous quote:
BE HAPPY WITH WHAT YOU HAVE WHILE PURSUING WHAT YOU WANT.